Today I thought I’d post a few of the most frequently asked during-the-conference questions along with my own personal tips:
1. What food options are available? While meals are not included in the registration fee, Chicago has TONS of food options both on site and within a few blocks of the hotel.
2. Where can I park? Click here for a map that will show you all the parking available around the Hyatt Regency O’Hare.
My Personal During-the-Conference Tips
- Arrive to the general sessions early. You’ll find freebies and fun waiting for you. The worship is also so refreshing for me and a very special part of the conference.
- Take advantage of the ministry conversations (happening Friday afternoon) and the Connect Groups. These free opportunities are great ways to network and meet other attendees in an informal, yet personal environment. I led a Connect Group for the past few years and they’ve been awesome!
- Make arrangements to meet up for coffee with your fellow kidmin’ers. Allow some flexibility but it doesn’t hurt to pre-arrange meals or coffee with friends.
- Reach out to someone new. Is someone sitting alone during meals, the workshops or general sessions? Don’t be afraid to say “hello” and make new friends!
- Check out the book and resource area. An assortment of books, resources and vendors will be available. Take time to walk through and pick up a few things. Many vendors have freebies for you just for stopping by.
- Relax on an over-sized Xorbee bean bag chair. They will set up around the conference hotel for you to read, relax or catch up with friends.
- Be flexible to get what you need: rest, connection/networking, and time to process. The weekend is jam-packed with activity, so it’s important to move at your own pace and take the time to do what you feel is best for you. Pray and ask the Lord for guidance.
I hope to see you at the conference! If you see me around, feel free to come and say hi! 🙂